Upgraded the fishing boat on Saturday. My 14' Mirrocraft was a good boat, but the bench seats and lack of a live well were less than ideal. I really went back and forth on whether to upgrade it with a floor, casting deck, and live well. Ultimately decided I have enough darned projects in my life and I didn't have the energy for it. I really liked the overall size and ease of use so I wanted to stay in that range. and I wanted to keep the motor size fairly small/simple/cheap to operate.

I settled on this 14' Crestliner Angler. Good storage under the front deck, rod locker, live well and a very open layout. 25 HP Yamaha will be plenty. The bow mount trolling motor will be a nice improvement over the transom mount I was using on the other boat (even if it's an older model). It had a really big seat in the stern that took up way too much space for my taste, so I removed it and decided to mount a folding seat on the port side. Controlling with my right hand will be an adjustment but I really loved having the open space in the back. It's pretty easy to undo if I don't like it. I hope to go catch some fish this coming weekend when I get home from my business trip.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by SockPuppet; 06/25/19.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~