About a month ago, I noticed a whole bunch of bird schit all over the rear bumper and trailer hitch of my pick up and all over the floor of my garage. About a week later, I heard a ticking noise coming from the back of my truck as it was parked in the garage. I walked back there and a small bird flew away. Things have ramped up and he's now going after my wife's bumper as well. Bird schit is tough to clean off. I've looked at the little bastard and I think it's a White Throated Sparrow.

I own a '68 Chevelle SS that I drive on the weekends, weather permitting. I'll typically get it out of the barn on Friday night and park it in the garage. I'll leave my truck in the driveway. The weekend before last, I got the car out. By Sunday night, when I put the car away, I not only had bird schit on the bumper of the Chevelle, but my truck had bird schit on every window, both mirrors, and both bumpers.

Last night when I got home, before I could even get out of the truck, he was pecking at my bumper. I've tried yelling at him to try to scare him, but nothing has worked. When I stand in front of the garage door, he loiters about 10 or 15 yards away. As soon as I walk away, he attacks my truck. I've considered going to Southern States and buy one of those plastic owls to maybe deter him, but not sure if it will work. My wife doesn't want me to kill him and suggests that we just keep the doors closed. That ain't gonna work, it'll be 150* in there if we can't keep the doors open most of the time. Plus, whenever anybody parks in the driveway, their cars will be covered in bird schit in no time flat.

I don't really want to kill the little SOB, but enough is enough. I've got a 17 cal Gamo air rifle that'll do the job. If I kill it, wifey might get pissed. If I don't, I'm living in bird schit.

What would you do? Should I take him out and SSS?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan