Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'll see how it turns out. I just got this 2003 F250 Super Duty 6.0. It's had the EGR delete done the correct way and improved high pressure oil cooler installed ...

Never heard of improved high pressure oil cooler. Ford came out with a newer cooler that had an extra row of passages. There are aftermarket oil coolers like Bullet Proof Diesel. Is it on the engine or remote in front of the radiator? Just never heard any of them described as "high pressure".

Originally Posted by Mac84
Mine is in the shop as we speak. It’s been solid for 149500 miles then she decides to throw an injector while I’m towing our 5th wheel.

Does it have the updated blue fuel pressure regulator spring installed? The original spring can allow the fuel pressure to drop too low under throttle. Other possible contributors can be dirty fuel filters and as Cheesy mentioned earlier, the o-ring on the fuel separator drain plug. If the blue spring hasn't been replaced, might as well have that done while it is in the shop. It's cheap and easy to install.

Another issue that can kill injectors is low battery voltage. This is because of weakened battery voltage that gets too low during startup, the FICM voltage then gets too low (should be 48+), and that will kill injectors. It will also kill the FICM (Fuel Injection Control Module). The ground cabling/current paths aren't balanced. Ideally, the two batteries in parallel will provide equal current, but since the current loop on the drivers side is higher impedance, the passenger battery provides more current, so it typically wears out before the driver's side battery. TooManyToys of Ford Truck Enthusiasts has done an exhaustive amount of study and measurements on it. He's also produced several youtube videos (one posted below). I did the simplest upgrade and added a ground cable from the driver's side frame (where the driver's side battery cable is grounded) to the engine block.

Fuel Pressure Regulator Update Kit Install (Blue Spring) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts

Comparison pic of original vs blue spring

[Linked Image]

RIP DieselTechRon and srmastertech.