I have a thing for short "women" (they were like Catnip to me back then) but slim/slender and beautiful ( in fact, I married a Honey Blond one 46yrs ago!) Now rifles, I have tried carbines, but the only ones that don't feel "whippy" to me are leverguns and M4 clones! My BIL had a nice 788 in 6mm Remington. Longer barrel, don't remember if it was 22 or 24 inches. Anyhow, he "lived " for his Mod 742/308 and never used the 788! He had it for sale for $90 ( this was from 1974 to 1980 before it sold!) and since I was all wrapped up in my own odyssey from leverguns , Mod 742, 280 then 7mm Rem Mag at the time , I didn't try to beat him out of it ( I mean buy it from him at an even better "fair" price. :)) He had a devil of a time selling it back then! Try it nowadays for $90! lol

It made me wonder why no one wanted it. I think it was because, in that part of the country,(SE Texas) bolt guns were rare then. People had "messed & gummed with old surplus rifles and were burnt out on them. The Mod 742 and leverguns were still King then.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 06/28/19.