The Army 1903A4's were primarily issued with Weaver 330C scopes. The first ones were off the shelf civilian models and marked with regular Weaver markings. After the initial run they were stamped per the Army's designation of M73B1. Lyman Alaskan's were designated for use as an alternative, as described in an Ordnance Technical Manual dated September, 1943. I don't remember ever seeing but one or two with the Alaskan scope on them, and there was no provenance that they were issued on those guns originally. You do see a pretty fair number of Alaskans on Garand snipers though.

I remember my Dad and his buddy both ordering 03A3's from the DCM via an ad in The American Rifleman in the early 60's. Total cost per gun was a shade under $20 with shipping from a gov't depot straight to our door. Intent was to hack them up into halfassed sporters. Dad's came through as a minty Smith-Corona which pleased him. Kenny's came through as a mint Remington 03A4 sniper rifle (sans scope). He was ecstatic because it was already d/t'ed for scope mounts and the bolt was already altered for scope use too- two things that saved him a bunch of money when he chopped it into a sporter a day later. Different times....

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty