It lightly rained and thundered with a few blue flashes across the sky near all day yesterday, I didn't feel like volunteering for a pasture lightning rod out at my shooting table, so grabbed my 505 and headed to the shop with a bag of ammo.

Also loaded up 30 new sticks of brass I'd had for awhile, the new brass was loaded just like the ammo I brought out with me, 140grains of Retumbo pushes both the 600gr Woodleigh protected point soft and solids to a 2150 fps average, I had enough light to fire a couple each of the new and old over the chrono, I had forgot what a gentlemanly great big shove the recoil with that load produces.

Not fast and brutal, just a great big monstrous push, I was sitting on my butt firing off the inside of my left knee, make no mistake about it, when you fire you know you're in the presence of a big bore rifle, I loved it and had forgot how cool that cartridge is.

Went in the house to research it a bit more and was reminded George Gibbs developed it in 1911, is there any wonder I happen to have had a 1911 bobtail Commander 45 on my belt during all that? ; ]

I'll say it again, we have a hell of a cool hobby here, with a lot of rich history.

Trump Won!