I was gifted a Christiansen Mesa chambered in 6.5 PRC for fathers day. I've been shooting the Hornady ELD-X bullets in their Precision Hunter line of ammo. I have this thing shooting sub-MOA and really like the way I am grouping with this setup. However, I have been shooting these bullets for obvious reasons....its literally the only factory hunting ammunition for this caliber. That being said, I am not so sure I'm sold on the construction of these bullets. They shoot well out of my gun but they seem awful soft and the jackets seem to separate from the core (based on buddies bullets they've recovered from animals they've killed and gel tests I have seen with this particular bullet). I have two elk tags for this coming fall and I don't really care to have a bad experience with hitting a shoulder and regretting my decision to go with the Precision Hunter ammo. Should I have someone reload some of this brass I have with a different bullet? Two that are particularly on my mind are the Barnes LRX 127 gr and the Nosler Partition 140 gr. Both of these bullets should bust through a heavy elk shoulder in the event that i send one into the shoulder this fall....not so sure that the ELD-X by Hornady will carry into the shoulder like the other two mentioned. Curious to get some feedback on first hand experience and wisdom from the more experienced elk hunters out there. This fall will be my first time elk hunting. Should I stick with whats grouping well or should I get some more solidly constructed bullets hand loaded? If I knew I could get the same accuracy out of the other two mentioned, I would surely make the switch.