My father flew the very 747 that blew up when he was a TWA captain. He lost several friends on TWA 800, including a husband and wife flight attendant couple that were at his house for dinner the night before they lost their lives. The flight engineer, a retired captain who had re-upped (and lost his life), was his closest work friend. Oddly, my dad was a non-rev passenger on 800 the week before it went down.

Talking with him over the years about it I can tell he’s conflicted about the official FAA version of events. Like me, he’s no conspiracy adherent, but there’s a lot of loose ends that don’t add up. The Vietnam chopper pilot’s testimony is the hardest to ignore. Also, the high-speed signature on the sea departing the area is troubling, as is the fact El-Al’s Tel-Aviv bound 747 was right behind 800.

Could be the FAA is correct... but might not be. I’m inclined to believe the FAA.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery