The inexpensive ones are probably the more modern equivalent of the Savage 311 though not quite as well finished. They are rugged, pretty reliable, and cheap. Barrel convergence can be a problem as some shoot as if the barrels were just soldered together in any which way.

A buddy who is a dog trainer has a couple that he uses when training as he doesn't mind dropping them when needed. He has had some minor parts breakage but he has been able to get them repaired so far. I have seen a half dozen at the range back before sanctions were placed on Russia.

Baikal also put out some guns that rival anything by Browning or Beretta. A neighbor had one of this level I owned be briefly. I have been able to shoot a couple a little bit when I was more serious about sporting clays. A few shooters of the former USSR had them as well as some from Eastern Europe and allowed me to take a few shots with theirs. I would have no problem owning one and I would not hesitate to use it as my primary gun for any discipline.