Hey, wow, the baby was born with racing stripes. Does that mean she will be fast when she grows up? grin

But seriously Jim. I remember the day when I was about three or four years old and the folks brought home a jet black shetland. It was a warm sunny spring day, and I remember stuffing my nose into the hair on the gelding's shoulder and breathing in that horsey aroma. That is my favorite scent on Earth to this day.

Four years ago I foaled a 1/4 horse x morgan for my then 12 yo granddaughter. It lives with my mare and four of my son's horses behind my house. Yesterday I had my nose buried in the sun warmed hair of my granddaughters gelding just loving the scent of the animal.

And over the last sixty years we have lost a few or born the disappointment of culling a couple which simply did not show the disposition and/or learning curve I demand of my horses.

So yes, all of us here understand your family's concern and great relief with the baby's recovery. Good luck to the girl, and I hope she has many years of joy with the filly as they grow.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.