My dad live on a lake with a lot of grass that came up high enough to lay on the surface. Every so often there were opennings in the grass about the size of a hula hoop or larger. we would drop a popping bug in the and just work it across the opening. Plenty of nice sized crappies and bluegills with an occasional bass and northern. Fun evenings with my dad.

Long time ago we lived on the Milwaukee River and would float the river working the deeper holes below riffles and where the river was deeper under the over hanging willows, plenty of smallmouth bass and an occasional northern. Some of the most fun was hitting some of the faster waters catching large shiners for bait, we'd stock up our bait tank for northern pike trips. Drifting dough balls on a flyrod through the deeper holes in the river would put some big carp on the line, boy do they fight in the current, some could make a big steelhead look like a slug.

When I moved to northern MN, in the fall we'd hit the drainage ditches with rubber ants and stock up on chubs for trapline bait.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders