Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by jaguartx
I pay no money. I have, by the grace of God, saved some peoples, or their relatives, eye from disease or injury or just became friends over years of treating their chronic ocular condition.

Often it has resulted in my hunting less than prime or top quality places for many years or i have been restricted only to does or small bucks or only birds and varmints.

Many years ago i often had no place to hunt other than some friends and relatives places in E Texas. Later, i did pay something like $1000 on a place a few years for turkey spring and fall, 4-5 deer with one to be a good buck and one cull, dove, quail, ..

AFAIC we all pay some price for our overpopulation whether to draw a tag or lease quality hunting.

Texas land owners are able to manage their game by cutting predator populations through effective methods.

So far not a single Texan has been able to say how much they pay for their lease.

I hunt on a 13,000 acre ranch north of Laredo for no charge.

I also hunt on a 500 acre property in north Texas near the Red River for no charge.

Just helping folks and not acting like a jackass seems to open doors.

Will pay $2,500 to hunt Nilgai next spring.

And then there is the view out my front door of them munching on the landscaping, but no hunting these.

[Linked Image]