Pappy said :
Buy a bunch and worry about something else. That's probably very good advice.

I have used the 130 PP on deer way back in the 70s and never seen a thing to complain about. I killed big Nevada, Montana and Idaho deer with them too and had excellent results. Once when I was about 17 I killed a big "outlaw" horse for a neighbor rancher who had hurt 3 people the last one being his son. I Shot the horse with my 270 at the other end of the pasture so the hit was about 175 yards away. The bullet hit about 1/3 up from the bottom of the horses chest and he stiffened then made 2 halted lunges and fell. He was stone dead before we could walk to him and that little 130 grain bullet left an exit. That horse was about 1350 pounds.

I have also used P.P. bullets in several 30 cals, and in the 375H&H. In my opinion Winchester really hit this design right. I still have about 300 of them for my 375H&H and I favor that bullet over every other bullet I have used on American game. Too bad they are discontinued now.

4 years ago I, my wife and 2 friend all used my Mossberg MVP 308 rifle to kill our elk. (that's a weird and somewhat funny story how we all ended up sharing one rifle, but I'll save that for later) We killed 5 elk, all with the ammo that was in the rifle which actually was thrown into the truck as a back-up gun and had a 20 round M14 mag stuck in it full of my hand loads. FC brass and H414 powder and 150 grain WW Power Points. I recovered 2 bullets from the 5 elk, with all the rest exiting. The 2 I have weight 129 and 131 grains. Both these broke major bones and were found against the skin on the off side. I also love Nosler Partitions, but in all honesty, what I saw from the WW power points matched the best I have seen from the Nosler Partitions, and the thing that is "golden" was the fact that in 3 of my rifles these P.P. bullets shoot MOA and less. In the MVP I get 3/4 from them so they give up nothing for accuracy or performance on game. I have used the 180 grain 30 cals from my 30-06 and my 300 mags in the past too, and had perfect results in every instance.

I do not know if the construction the the P.P. bullets is unchanged since the 70s when I got most of them. But I think it's the same. The older Remington Core-Lokt bullet had thicker jackets then those made today. I REALLY hope Winchester didn't do that same, but so far I have not heard any complaints about them. In hunting with friends I have seen maybe 15 head of game killed with various 270, 7MM and 30 cal rifles using the WW P.P. bullet in the last 20 years or so here in Wyoming and a few in Idaho, and again, I have yet to see a problem.

Last edited by szihn; 07/25/19.