Originally Posted by Salmonella
Dwayne...you are one of the classiest guys here.
I never point offense at you.

Salmonella;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the reply and the kind words.

If I may share a quick story, it brings a smile to my face and hopefully your's and some others too.

We'd decided to take a night in a motel in Cody, WY because the forecast was for a thunder storm and we were tenting. We all needed a good shower and bed anyway and our girls celebrated with a dip in the motel pool in the morning.

As I stood at the fence watching them - in my boots, jeans and hat - a fellow traveler approached me and began to ask me questions about the whereabouts of some local attraction.

I replied, "I'm sorry sir, I'm not able to assist you, I'm not from around here"

Says he, "Well you look like it"

Says me, "Thanks kindly I'll take that as a compliment"

Comes his reply, "It wasn't really meant as one, but where are you from then?"

When I said, "British Columbia, the southern part of the Okanagan Valley" , he said that he'd been to BC - meaning he'd been to Vancouver once - and that nobody there looked like I did.

I began to inform him that we had some of the largest ranches in North America here in BC, but his eyes glazed over and he lost interest and left.

Anyway sir, again there's no offence taken by me whatsoever and for sure and certain if we'd not had the exchange here, I'd not have recalled the exchange with the gentleman from somewhere on the north eastern seaboard of your country.

I'll leave you and the rest with yet another Corb Lund song which sorta fits the theme. grin

All the best to you as we get closer to hunting season.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"