Originally Posted by dannycreasy
Originally Posted by RyanTX
I just dump them out of the box into a wide mouth plastic container that I can easily grab a handful (or few) from to load with. Just mark the container as to what they are.

If this works for you, loose .22 LR ammo is fine. It's not for me; the crimped .22 LR bullets can get knocked around and made loose in their cases, actually spinning or getting knocked cattywampus. Accuracy suffers.

Danny,

You might closely watch this video of 22Plinkster's recent tour of the CCI facility in Idaho-

The bullet loading process starts at about the 5:20 mark . Watch closely for a few minutes, especially right after those slugs are seated in the cases.

NOTE how those rounds are fed at high speeds in
bulk through chutes during the knurling, waxing and packaging steps right after those precious bullets seated .

Short of driving a vehicle over your ammo box ,I doubt there is ANYTHING any reasonable shooter could do to those rounds (loose in a jar or coffee can ,etc) that has NOT already been done to them at the factory.

Being neat , orderly and knowing exactly how much ammo you have on hand as well as precisely dispensing it, is a perfectly good reason for having ammo in those plastic packs..:)

But thinking you are increasing accuracy by protecting the rounds from each other does not make much sense when you see how those rounds are handled at the factory after bullet seating.

Just my take.

Last edited by jk16; 08/01/19.