I also wondered how they died. Reports say they found the bodies 5.6 miles from the burned out car they left on a dead end road. All around them was muskeg. Water holes tight brush and no path.

It is said: "British Columbia will spit out anybody who is unprepared, people with knowledge of the area say.
The bush is thick, and the land is swampy and teeming with insects, they say of the wooded area around Gillam."
"If you don't have the means to be in there, you're not going to make it," said William Hunter, who once battled forest fires in the unforgiving landscape."

I would imagine black flies and mosquitoes were involved in torturing them. we will just have to wait for the autopsy news.

Reading where the two murderers tried to go reminded me of some very brave and determined men who braved the swamps of Northern Maine to attack Quebec during the Revolutionary war. Kenneth Roberts book entitled "Rabble in Arms" is a worthy read. They traveled 350 miles from Massachusetts braving much of the same environment as those two murderers. While not all of the 1100 men made it to Quebec those that did were MEN.

Last edited by Azshooter; 08/08/19.