I just acquired a M/S 1952 rifle in .30-06. All factory original except for the additon of a (rock hard) recoil pad which I promptly replaced. Excellent condition, no extra holes in the receiver. I plan on shooting it with the iron sights. However that's my problem. I can't find a load that shoots to the sights. Everything I have tried shoots extremely high. I've tried 150's, 165's, 180's. I have tried 180 and 200 factory ammo and they do the same thing. I've tried fast and I've tried slow. Just can't find the magic combination. Looking for a load that will shoot to sights (6 o'clock hold) at 100 yards. Maybe up to 1 1/2" high. Shooting wild hogs over feeder at known distance (100 yards). So what I'm asking is if anyone knows what load these guns were sighted for (designed for, regulated for) at the factory. They HAD to have used one particular load when the designed the leaf sights. Does anyone have any idea what that load might be? I would appreciate any information or suggestions. My next recourse would be to obtain a Griffin & Howe mount. Of course they want $775 for the mount and another $300+ to install it. My last recourse would be to take a file to current sight and deepen the notch until it sights in. Really don't want to do either. Would like to shoot it like it was originally designed.