Well guys, I'm a Grampa again. My son's wife had a little baby boy this afternoon. Safe to say, my feet haven't hit the ground yet. Gideon Red Grubb joins the ranks of our family, and will be the newest member here on the Fire, although it may be a few years before he posts here.

I wish my Mom and Dad were still with us so they could meet him. They've both been gone a long time now, and it's hard knowing they didn't get to be here for this. Gideon will be the first member of the 4th generation of our family to hunt out of our camp in Pennsylvania in about 10 years here.

I'm a big believer in carrying on traditions, and leaving legacies for the next generation. Dad was a 99 guy. I hunt with a 99, and will hand that rifle down to my son when I hang up the pack for the last time. I bought his daughter a nice little 99E in .243 a couple years ago. Can't wait to see her hunt with us in a few years. Eric's breaking that gun in for her.

To all our members with new little hunters recently arrived, or on the way, I say a hearty congratulations. To my new Grandson, I say he will never be in need of a hunting rifle. Grampa's got it covered.

Time to go over to Gunbroker and start looking at some 99's.

Last edited by gophergunner; 08/17/19.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla