Compared to Lapua it's not as consistent - but my results are mixed based on three samples.

I look for neck wall concentricity first and foremost. If most of the cases in a batch of 100 vary no more than .001" in neck wall thickness (or maybe .0015" depending on the application) then I'm happy. It takes a while to determine longevity but neck sizing only and bumping shoulders a couple thou only every 4-5 firings seem to make most everybody's brass last a long time.

With that in mind, the bad first. Bought two 50 round boxes of Hornady .22-250 brass and results with the first firing were disappointing. Measured the 1X brass and fully 60% of them varied more .002", with a bunch of them going up to .003 and .004". I've never seen brass whose neck walls varied that much. I tossed the entire 100 cases, wasn't worth messing with them.

The good. Have purchased a batch of 100 6.5 Creedmore and 100 .250 Savage brass. Six of the Creedmoor cases varied over .0015", not great but better on average than Remington, Winchester or Prvi brass. The .250 Savage brass was about the same, 8 cases didn't make spec but the worst ones only went .002". Given the rifle and application they're used for that's fine.

Bottom line opinion - if your needs aren't critical then Hornady should fit the bill and might turn out to be very good, but if you want the best go for the top end and top $ names. Couldn't say on the Starline bottle neck cases but their straight wall .38-55 brass seems to be pretty good. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!