I've got a couple of the stainless versions of the 34, the 63 with 4 inch barrels... I used to disdain the 2 inch versions as non-sense. And of course I saw the light after all of the collectors decided they wanted one. From looking through gunbroker too much the last couple of years===> the shorty model 63's command a premium over the 4 inch 63's, actually getting (as opposed to asking and not selling) 'almost' twice as much as the 4 inch version.

JohnW,

Sorry we've gone a bit off your topic, happens when you bring up S&W Kit Guns. I had a 22/32 I-frame (pre-model 35, 6 inch barrel) years ago and IIRC it had a hammer block.

Going off of memory, always a dangerous and unreliable thing; The pre-model 35 started with the 'Beakert' not too long after the turn of the century, and I believe 'Beakert' was a dealer in San Francisco who convinced S&W to produce the 6 inch barreled I-frame in 22 LR (by ordering enough of them), hence his name attached to it. With that long of a history some of the 22/32's were very likely made without a hammer block.

Jerry

a short history; https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2018/2/8/a-look-back-at-the-smith-wesson-2232-kit-gun/

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 08/20/19. Reason: link added

Si vis pacem, para bellum