I have just about nailed down my .220 Swift load using AA2700, which is good. I have about 130 rounds of .220 ammo which I made using Hunter several years ago, which is bad because I don't want to shoot it. The brass is once-fired Nosler so I don't want to trash it (yet). I decided I'm going to pull the bullets (53-grain tipped Varmageddon) and reuse them.

I do not like the idea of pulling bullets and then seating a bullet without restoring neck tension, but then again I don't like reusing primers that have been punched out. I've reused primers before and they went bang, but I just don't like the idea...but using Lee collet dies, what choice would I have but to punch the primers out for resizing necks?

I got to looking at the mandrel in my .220 collet die, then I had the idea I might oughta have a look at the mandrel in my .223 collet die. Bingo, the one in the .223 die is shorter. I can pop that into my .220 collet die and resize the necks of these .220 cases without punching primers.

Gotta wonder how many tricks are out there which I've never thought of. I bet there are scads.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.