Sure! its only 9 days until I depart for my Idaho Elk bowhunt so why not change my mind on the arrows I plan to use and start a totally new arrow build that is stiffer ( to tame these 250 grain broadheads) and is 40 grains heavier. No worries. ;-)

My prior build was a GT hunter XT 400 spine but Im seeing a little whip with the 250 grain heads so Im going stiffer to a 300 spine after trying a few. Total arrow weight will be 540 grains. Time to start building.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

edit.

I finished the first dozen of the new arrow build today and also finished sharpening the first dozen of my 230 grain woodsman heads. I use flat diamond plates in grits of 400,600,800,1200, 2500 and them lap them on ceramic plates to a mirror finish of razor sharpness. I mounted them on steel adapters and spun all to be true. No, Woodsman heads are not gold. They come black but we get to customize things to our whims.

9 days until I depart for the elk hunt. Here is a 30 second video of pointy thing goodness. These will travel with me from Idaho to Wisconsin, to Indiana to Ohio and Texas.

Last edited by sharp_things; 08/22/19.

Member Wisconsin Bowhunters Assc, Wisconsin Traditional archers, Pope and Young, Asbhy 100,