Originally Posted by Hesp
Forgot to mention I used this same load 59.5 grs Rel 19 with Win 130gr power points & got almost exactly the same velocity as the Barnes 129gr LRX. All loads were very accurate. . Can't have enough receipts. I am primarily a 6.5 enthusiast but I came across this Win 70 270 last spring. Stainless control round feed with 24" Bbl. Like new condition. I'm a sucker for Win stainless CRF rifles. This load shoots great . I'm not a long range hunter but this load has no problem making repeated ( Barnes 129 LRX ) hits on my 522yd target. That's as far as I can get on my range. They are all fun..

That is good stuff. I have never owned a .270, let alone a Winchester. My guns have always been Savages and Remingtons-most with Criterion barrels now. I recently traded for a Winchester .270, that is of mid-90s vintage. The guy that I traded out of it, brought it out and I shot it on my range. He had three boxes of Hornady Whitetail ammo. I put two shots through the same hole at 100 yards, and that is with an old Bushnell, less-than-fantastic scope on it! I did the trade right there. I really don't even have to mess with the scope, for that ammo.

I have not chrono'd the ammo yet, but figured it to be around 3000 fps. Maybe it will surprise me! The only problem is that I was trying to streamline my calibers a bit and instead, just added another one! I, too, have become a 6.5 fan.

Last edited by sbhooper; 08/22/19.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.