Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I don't think the .300WSM is as useful as the 7mmWSM or even the .325WSM, but it is a respectable all-around cartridge.

It would be really hard for me to consider a 325 more useful than a 300. I could agree on the 7 wsm but in my opinion the only thing the 325s are useful for is picking them up used for cheap and rebarreling them to 7s.

I've just never found 8mm bullets very appealing. BCs are never very good and most stores don't stock many of them. I'm sure some people love them but some people love 270s too. I'm guilty of owning a fee 98s in 8mm and even had a weatherby Europa in 8x68s for a while. I could consider an 8mm usable but never more useful than a 30 cal. Every bullet is available in a 30 cal and even their BCs look good next to an 8mm. But, to each their own.

I did have a friend in high school who was convinced his 303 British had way more knock down than my 30-06 because it had a bigger diameter bullet. Now that he's all grown up he probably moved up to an 8mm and really has my 06 beat.

Bb