There are a lot of really nice people in Shelby. It also has a large population of (prior) inmates and prison guards. And BP. I've worked on a few projects there but haven't been back for a few years. There is a Shopko, which sets it apart from some of the smaller communities around.

There are fishing opportunities around (Lake Elwell) and a fun dirtbike community. There are lots of hunting opportunities, esp birds and whitetails. I've gotten into pheasants (by Valier) and lots of sharp tails on public land. Plenty of antelope to be had but you missed the drawing for this year. There are elk in the Sweetgrass hills to the north where I think you can hunt for cows with a general tag. You can catch a train ride over to the Kalispell area for an easy, relaxing trip. It isn't that far from the Chouteau area on the front which has piles of back-county access that is second to none, as well as good proximity to Glacier Park.

It wouldn't be my first choice but I'm sure there are plenty more redeeming points than I've made. Real Estate is pretty cheap.