Originally Posted by jwp475
You are a dammed liar the buffalo ran off after the first 2 shots, you then shot him more times to get him on the ground.Then you finished him with a 500

And you are a bitter, jealous old fool clinging to outdated doctrine.

As I said, we were ALL on EVERY kill. So if I am a damned liar, then so is Whit, Mark and Jack. Richard was not present for any of mine and neither were YOU.

That said, it is not purely hunting. It is a live bullet test. We push them and put as many bullets into each critter as possible while it's heart is still pumping. We do not fire one shot and let it do its job. It would be UTTERLY RETARDED to spend $3000 and only fire one shot when your intent is to test bullets. As I have said and the video will prove, I fired two shots as the buffalo ran past. One in the shoulder and one raking shot into the ribcage (the bloody spot on the far right in the pic) as it ran off. It ran about 100yds and laid down. Once it was down, I shot it several more times. Not because it needed that many to kill it but because we're testing bullets. We could've done like everyone else does, fire one shot and wait 30mins to go find the dead critter but our intent is to TEST BULLETS. If that buffalo was ever shot with a .500, it was after it was graveyard dead. I honestly do not remember what all we shot it with after it was dead.

The 300gr .44 Punch loads destroyed heavy shoulder bones, tore through the heart/lungs and penetrated all the way to the hide on the other side. Jack said he's have no hesitation taking a brain shot on elephant with it. Yet you still cling to this idiotic narrative that the .44 is akin to spitwads but the .45Colt is the Hammer of Thor.

I went ahead and finished processing the video that should settle all foolishness about what really happened. (I've been working on that incessant thing I do with my left thumb)

PS, I know this GoPro footage is not that great but I wanted one continuous stream of video from the first shot to the last so the critics can't suggest that I edited a bunch of stuff out. The 2nd video shows all the follow-up shots in detail.

VIDEO REMOVED BY REQUEST

Last edited by CraigC; 08/31/19.