I have had lefty 6mm for a few years now and its a real shooter. it was rebarrelled to a varmint weight barrel by a guy I knew that passed away a few years ago. last weekend in Richmond va. at the gunshow a friend of mine had a lefthanded 308,hardwood stock,with 2 mags,to sets of bases and original box. gun is in excellent condition and he claimed to have bought it new. 99.95 wrote on the box. I pick it up because the lefthanded guns are getting really hard to find. it shoots really well but the trigger is 8 1/2lbs so I see a timney coming for it soon. well,saturday I went to another small gunshow near me and a guy next to me had a left-hand 6mm walnut stock in great condition. he wanted 600 for it. well I didn't think they ever made a walnut stocked 6mm in the 788. I looked the stock over and saw that someone had put a right handed stock on this gun and cut the bolt notch on the left side and filled the right hand side. they did a very good job on it. sights were gone on the gun ,plus the stock being changed and modified I soon talked him down to 450. then the guy said he may trade it to me if I had anything he needed. I ended up trading him a 300.00 handgun I had bought a few weeks back even for it. I am feeling very good about finding 2 lefty 788 rifle in 2 shows. this one has a very good trigger ,thank god. that puts my lefty collection at 12 guns.