I always wanted a No.1, but never found the right one at the right price at the right time. Then, about 12 or 13 years ago, a guy called me up, said he was selling one and my son had told him I might be interested. It was a 1B, included a big Nikon scope and a nice hard case. The price was right, I went and took a look. Only problem was it was a .308, a caliber I'd never really associated with a No. 1 for whatever reason. Anyway, I bought it and loaded up some shells. I never had a .308, but had been loading them for years for my brother and a couple of other guys. Also, I took the Nikon version of the Hubble telescope off it and put a 1 1/2 - 5 VXIII on it...made a much nicer package. First trip to the range was disappointing: 4" groups. I went on here and looked up some threads I remembered about making No. 1's shoot. I don't remember everything I did, I think I just relieved the forend wood a little where it was bearing against the receiver (sandpaper wrapped around a 12 gauge shell worked fine), maybe around the barrel too, wasn't much.Anyway, from then on out it's held just over a moa easily with no special load tuning. I've killed a few deer with it, it's one of my favorite deer rifles now.

Mathew 22: 37-39