Originally Posted by Bwana338
Just did the sand grouse add on in Namibia and it was great.

you will have about 1 hour in the morning and 1/2 to 1 hour in the afternoon.

there is guinea fowl (different kinds) and francolin (different kinds), doves to go with the sand grouse.

My Namibian hunts were the same. We hunted birds while waiting for out capes to dry for several days at the end of our hunt. LOTS of birds and great shooting. The nuances were: we had a worker who hide in the bush and was called out to collect birds, the birds we shot went straight to the worker, we were told if we wanted to eat some we needed to ask the worker if we could have some of the birds. Damn turtles were faster than most labs getting to birds we dropped into the pond - guess they have to eat also. Staying after the doves and grouse leave is a worthy event seeing all sorts of different birds, plus who knows what might walk in but after all the shooting I never saw anything but birds. I shot birds 4 or 5 times. Shotgun shells are expensive in Namibia, our PH let us have them pretty much at cost but if I recall, it was $1 a round.

I found them easier to shoot than our doves. We sat near water and the birds pretty much used the same routes.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein