Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by rost495
Hide is beyond tough for sure, and they are a blast on fly rods. Carolyn looks at me madly at times, when I sneak the 4 weight back into her hand instead of the 6 weight... she says takes way to long to wear one out... I say have fun!

Just as a suggestion... fish intended to be released are a lot more delicate than many believe. Lots of folks would give a serious ass-chewing for over-working a salmon. An 8wt is more in line with what a chum deserves. As a guide it becomes more important.

You are spot on. We had intended grayling and so we had 4 and 6 only with us last fall . It has been fun at times. But I don't do it anymore, having seen what you have seen. Stick with heavier weights even though its not as fun. 6-8 and sometimes 12 for some goofy reason. One never knows it all, one learns as they can.

But I certainly appreciate the input. We will have to share a fire and a beer or so at some point I hope.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....