Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Buddy, we have the same kind of luck. I broke an extractor on a 308, because I think i loaded them too hot. 47 grains of RL15 anda 150gr hornady interlock was too much. Had to drop it back down to 45 grains and buy a new extractor. Of course we all have had to replace the dang firing pin because of the recall too. Thats a very easy job, but something that still needs to be brought up. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the top half of the charge handle flew off when i was shooting it. I later found out those were a 2 piece unit. As for accuracy, i didnt buy the m100 expecting great accuracy. When i first bought it, it was a bonafide 2moa rifle. After glass bedding, it would shoot moa 3 shot groups, which exceeded my accuracy expectations. If someone wants to buy a m100 just to collect, i suggest the older ones (pre 64), before the hideous basket weave checkered stock. The one i had was made in '61 and it was a nice rifle. It functioned very well, but i also keep my guns cleaner than most do. Like i said, if that damn charging handle wouldn't have flown off, id probably still have it. Remember to load them light and your extractor will last. I believe they suggest to use the m14 data. Do not use light magnum or superformance loads in one, or you'll be asking for trouble.

First thing I did was get it CLEAN. Everywhere, but especially around the extractor. Didn't help. I'm really hoping the new extractor solves it. Maybe I should ping Redneck before I do anything else?

When you take the extractor out, you might want to do it with the bolt inside a jumbo size ziplock bag. The spring is small and the first time that I replace an extractor the spring disappeared and has not been seen since.