I have a couple of top eject 375BB’s with BB027XXX and BB029XXX serial numbers. One was in poor condition when I bought it and I had always thought a 375/356 would make a decent power upgrade so I had that rifle rechambered. It’s a big bore caliber that I feel Winchester should have produced. In a lightweight top eject model the recoil does sting !

I think the 375BB XTR rifles before they introduced the additional safeties, rebounding hammers etc were probably the best of the post 64 rifles Winchester produced. I really like the rifle and cartridge combination. It’s points and handles well. You have quite decent performance from a package about the same size and weight as a light 92 carbine in 44, but with more versatility. The fast twist, deep rifling and long throat make for an interesting combination in a lever gun.

It’s good to see brass now being offered by Starline, though it is easy to simply open up 30/30 brass. You can use 38/55 brass too, at least brass that’s 2.08” long. The longer 38/55 brass I’m not sure as that might be too long. In any event 38/55 has a lighter head design so i’d only use them for lower pressure loads. For those that don’t cast, the biggest issue is bullets for heavier game. If you cast you have plenty of options these days.