The Stoeger name has been around for many decades but it has gone through many owners. Stoeger was an importer of good to very decent quality firearms until the early 1970s when they fell on hard times. For the next few decades they became importers of rather cheap firearms with no support after the sale. Their acquisition by Benelli and later Beretta has given Stoeger a longer lasting ownership and distribution network. The name is still used to import and sell many inexpensive firearms rather than sully the Beretta or Benelli names.

That said, inexpensive does not always equate to cheap quality. The O/U I would stay away from but the Autoloading shotguns are decent. I do not care for the balance and handling of their semi autos, especially the plastic stocked ones, but they seem OK. If on a budget it would be a consideration but not in the top levels.

I personally, would lean toward the 11/87. I owned 3 of them in the 90s and was not the happiest with them but a portion of that was my fault. The great selling point to me is they are pretty reliable but if a part should break, most any gunsmith will have it on hand or it can be easily found on line for little cost. The other advantage is accessory parts are plentiful and one could modify the gun to fit about any situation imaginable.

My recommendation is the 11/87.