Have been twice.

!000 rounds before lunch on the first day might be a little exaggerated, but let's just say that on my first morning doves were almost always in the air and in range, to the point where reloading the shotguns resulted in "missed opportunities." Eventually I got over worrying about that. Did go through a 250-round case long before lunch (and we didn't start shooting until around 9:30) so had to wander over where my companions were shooting to get more ammo.

One of my friends on the trip, a world-class shotgunner who had been down many times, said that instead of just shooting at every dove within range, you should concentrate on one shot-angle until you get it down, which will make you a better dove shooter and all-around wingshooter. He was right.

The big decision, I would say, is not whether or not to go, but whether to take your own guns or rent them down there from the outfitter. Have done it both ways and renting easier and cheaper--unless, of course, you absolutely want to bring your own.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck