What the heck do I know? I am just getting started at this TSS thing. I only know what I THINK I want.

Light and fast. Loads that improve upon my old standards and economize as much as possible to boot.

For example, I used to shoot 1 3/8 oz of nickel plated 5s out of a 12 gauge for pheasant. My tables tell me 237 pellets. Lots of Blue Dot as I recall, and recoil in spades.

5/8 oz of TSS #9 is 229 pellets if my tables are correct. Should be relatively easy to get going 1500 fps, and maybe a bit more wink. If my math is right, an 80% pattern at 40 yards will get you to 70-75 yards with 90 pellets in 30 inch circle ... see Tom Rosters CONSEP. I don't have KPY but I'm pretty sure the penetration is there as well.

That is a ridiculous pheasant load! 5/8 oz TSS with a similar pellet count as 1 3/8 oz lead 5s! 75 yards lethality. What?

For quail I liked fast lead 1 oz 8's, 1310 fps out of a 12 ga, when I could shoot them here in Cali. There is a 9/16 oz TSS 28-ga load that with 11s will get me 450 pellets (about 50 more than the 1 oz 8s) at 1415 fps, and at only 6000 psi, probably room to grow. I would really like to see some lethality data on the 11s. Again, from a ballistics angle, ALL upside compared to my fast 8s load. More pellet count, energy, range ... shocked

And out of a 5 lb 28 ga. Again, ridiculous.

Thing is, the cost is virtually prohibitive. The 11s can be had from Hal (Hawglips) for $116/2lbs shipped ( $3.63/oz). It's going to take a paradigm shift to get guys to pay $100/box for upland birds. So no 12 gauge 1 oz loads! The 9/16 28 ga load brings the cost down to $2.04 in payload per shell. Still expensive, but much, much more palatable. I'd like to see 1/2 oz or even less ... out of a 28 or a 20. Where is this load data??

Light and fast out of sub gauges is what seems to make sense, from a variety of angles, for TSS.

Or, this is the road to duplex. smile

Pondering ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine