Have got quite a few 1911s and a few months ago tested all the triggers with Lyman Trigger Pull Gauge...

The two Commanders I use for carry ran 4# 13 oz (stock) and 4# 2 oz. (worked on)

The lightest was 3# even on a TALO Commander in .38 Super that is used mainly for IDPA. (worked on)

The heaviest was a 1951 Commander in .38 Super at 5# 8 oz. (factory stock).

The rest run from 3# 4oz. to 5# 3 oz. The average is right around 4# which is just about right for average all-around or defensive use...11 out of 21 are stock factory jobs. 8 of 11 Stock factory triggers ran from 4# even to 4# 14oz. Only two were over 5#s.

Worst trigger job I have fired was on an early Thunder Ranch Special when I believe it was Wilson was building them before Les Bare. Friend bought one at like $2500 and asked me to shoot it. I had barely gotten on target and finger on the trigger and it went off.... I have had match pistols with better triggers...it was not controllable. After a few magazines the gun started doubling... Friend sent it back asking for a 4-4.5# pull... Got a call from him a few weeks later. Gun came back with about the same trigger pull and started doubling again within a box of ammo. He called the company and told them if they could not put a simple 4# trigger job on a gun in two tries he wanted his money back... They refunded him the money and he bought a SIG 229 and lived happily ever after...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....