Originally Posted by Hubert
I have been using 22 long and 22 mag shotshells CCi in my revolver.,. they are deadly on rats and mice... but I don't know how they work.. I will leave that up to the more anal to worry about.. I just care that they do the job.

i try to minimize my anal inquiries, but sometimes curiosity just gets the best of me. i ask the wal-mart sales clerk, but she didn't understand the question.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Gus: I do not "know" how the shot exits the thin plastic shot capsule?
I do know that for the last 30 - 35 years it does disperse somehow, and will kill Rattlesnakes - it usually takes 3 - 4 head shots from a 22 L.R. revolver or 2 - 3 head shots from a 22 Magnum revolver.
Buy them and set up a thin cardboard "backboard" starting at say 3 yards then 5 yards then at 7 yards and see at what range the shot appears to have left the capsule.
That might work to help give some insight on your question?
Anyway they work's - I just don't know the answer to your inquiry.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

certainly i can manage to live without knowing exactly, and for sure.

it is getting time of the autumnal equinox, the weather will be cooling, and the mice will be moving in from the gardens and fields as per std. procedure.

victor traps are my first line of defense. but we all need appropriate backup sooner or later.

i guess i could do some practical experimenting if i'd get off my lazy butt, and brave the heat wave.

anyways, as a minor detail, the walmart i usually visit is often sold out, today all kinds available up through .357 mag.

(my wife says she has no interest in how to fix a car, her interest is in driving a car). i'm beginning to understand her better now after some of these posts.