I just ordered a Ruger American Predator rifle in .223 Rem. I know it's not an AR, but couldn't think of a better place than here to ask about some reloading advice for the .223. The rifle has a 1 in 8" twist and 22" barrel, comes with an AI style magazine which appears to have about 2.5" of free space for the COL. Was wondering what may be a good bullet for trying to shoot out to 500 yds with, that's about as long a range I have at my place. I've kind of got bored with my 6.5 CM in the RPF at that distance and thought about playing with a .223 for a while. My old Sierra manual list an accuracy load of Varget @24.4 gr with a 80gr Matchking for 2800 fps. Not sure how realistic this is as I don't do much better than that with a .224 Valkyrie I have been shooting. I only get about 3 loadings out of Federal Brass with the Valkyrie before I start getting split necks and have a ton of .223 brass I thought I would like to use. I have never used Varget in smaller cases and wonder what everyone has best luck with the.223. I know Rost495, antelopesniper and a lot of other people here have literally tons of experience with the .223 and I didn't see any reason to reinvent the wheel when I know a lot of experience is available here for the asking. I've got several hundred of the 80gr Matchkings, but wouldn't mind another bullet if better served. Shooting paper, gongs and a slew of critters that have been wrecking havoc with the wife's chickens. Appreciate any feedback that anyone wouldn't mind to share. I'd be using a suppressor also, but don't think that would play into any variable here. Would I be better off with a 63-68 gr bullet for the .223 in an 8" twist? Thanks.