The problem is nobody at Nikon CS has the first clue about much of anything. Case in point was the Laserforce warranty threads here, and the actual experience I had. Their website is very ambiguous as to the warrant on that product. I talked to them directly and got several different answers, and finally one lady told me the warranty covered the binocular and electronics under their lifetime No Fault plan. She even sent me an email and put it in writing. So I march down to Academy and check them out, open the box, and low and behold there's a pink warranty card in there stating a 2yr electronics warranty, lifetime on the rest. Bottom line is, are you going to believe what someone there tells you, or what their written warranty says?

This new warranth program is nothing more than a license to screw over any and every customer they can, including current owners. I can just imagine trying to get something warranted that was owned prior to this 9/19 date......."do you have an original receipt" kind of BS. Nikon Sport Optics has always been bush league, and this further proves it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.