Originally Posted by greydog
They are wild in the sense that they are not confined but they are semi-tame in the sense that they don't recognise a threat. We have deer and elk which hang around our place and are not tame but are used to us. Not real tough to walk up to within 30 yards of one of them. I tell the folks in our campground not to let the kids get too close to them because they can be unpredictable. Just like elk in Yellowstone park, wild animals but don't see people as a threat. GD

Dad's uncle had a spot on Lake Pend Orielle ID. There was a small band of "wild" mule deer that could be hand-fed.

Regarding the original HECS video, there's plenty of places where the deer get that used to human activity. Irrigated Alfalfa fields/pastures and low/no hunting pressure will make deer and elk do things in broad daylight that you'd never think possible. Bucks and bulls that will lay <100yds off of a busy gravel road and not think twice even when you stop and glass or photograph them. Find some irrigated Alfalfa within say 20Mi any direction from Yellowstone and it'd be painfully obvious how easy and common the OP's video is for those who have access to those places.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.