Originally Posted by jackmountain
Why the hell aren't they making the MQ reticle available in this? Seems like a no brainier.

Perhaps because they regard it mainly as a set-n-forget scope for hunters, not a dialer.

As long as I've been here, people have been nagging them to build a lightweigh, reliable scope for hunting rifles, sans tall turrets, parallax adjustment, etc. Seems they've done that, and recently added a multi-point reticle and rimfire model. Hopefully, enough of those will sell to keep them in the lineup. If they think that a dialing version will sell, they'll cobble one together. A rimfire version with an exposed elevation turret would be nice, handy for making changes, but scaled for smaller rifles. They're SFP I believe, so that may be a problem for some.

Hard as it may be for "serious" shooters to understand, not everyone wants or needs to dial for hunting, and by actual test, the MQ doesn't work well for me under lighting conditions I often encounter in the woods, so much as I like it for other shooting, my deer rifles wear scopes I can aim with under all conditions. This has been debated to death here, but I know absolutely that early and late, on the shady side of wooded hills, I can't see the MQ well enough to make the quick shots that are typical in that kind of cover. Ordinary duplexes, especially ones with the heavy sections close to the center, do work.

What fresh Hell is this?