Hey Storm, YOU didn't sell my Dad that gun, did you?

Seriously. if 600 is too high a price based on kinky salesmanship and not the actual market honestly arrived at, I can't help him if you guys can't.

I would never gloss over anything with my old man. We have never, ever given each other even the tiniest bit of ego-massaging or shaded truth to make the other feel better. I guess you could say our relationship is pretty, um, honest. And there's hell to pay when one or the other isn't.

We've already discussed the "new acquisitions," had our post-mortem after-action analysis, one clear win, one tie, and one stone loser.

As things are, I know for a fact that most of Dad's assets are going elsewhere, to my cousins, as I'm just a "step." He actually said I'm "not family." Nonetheless, if he's going to indulge, my position is, I''d rather he do it wisely. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the bore isn't a wreck, it's soaking in Patch-Out right now.

And by the way, indulgences can be good. Three years ago, Dad dented his Accord SUV. He then, without saying a word that he'd creased the car, zoomed off to Spokane and traded it in on an Audi A8. It just was in the garage and when I went down to get some tools, there it was.

Less than a year later, he wanted to SELL the Audi with only 5000 miles on the clock. Then he realized he'd take a 30,000 bath on a perfectly good car. THEN he bought a Mercedes 295 or something SUV. And THAT is a hot rig, too. This was a special order car, right? Waited two months to get it.

We took the Merc to Cody in October, had a fantastic high-speed road trip. Then two weeks later the Merc is gone, back to the dealer in Missoula. Still have the Audi, and last weekend Dad's top speed was 109. Mine was 98.

But, how much of a hosing did he take on the 1903?

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.