This pamphlet is primarily directed towards employees of various Federal government agencies and not hunters in general. As such, factory ammo will be the norm as I don't know of any agency which promotes the use of personally handloaded ammunition. There may be those agencies that do but I'd look closely at the fine print, footnotes, addendums, et al as I would expect doing so would exempt the employer from liability in the event of injury and place that liability on the person who loaded the rounds.

It is also mentioned in the pamphlet that an increasing number of employees are not familiar with firearms and have to be trained in their use. Expecting such people to also take up Handloading would not be a likely occurrence. And getting someone to load rounds and accept the liability might be problematic.

Stopping an action is not just disrupting the CNS and killing the animal instantly, it can also occur by dropping blood pressure. An expanding bullet can cause greater bleeding than a non-expanding one which would stop an action quicker, especially if vital areas are reached. It is the principle an arrow works under and why it kills pretty quickly with shots to vital areas.

Overall, I found it to be an interesting pamphlet geared towards those who are not familiar with firearms. That it recognized the limitations of bullet design in regards to velocity is well known today but not widely thought of back then. The biggest take away seemed to reaffirm that which has been preached for a decades now- use what you are familiar with and can handle with adequate bullets for the task. Today, that opens up a lot more options than back when the pamphlet was written.