Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The 129 ABLR has performed great on game in the 6.5 CM for me.

This is another bullet I have not tried in the 6.5 Creedmoor but definitely want to.

I’ve used the 6.5x284 for three decades and used the .260 Rem for about 8 years and now the 6.5 Creedmoor for about a year and a half with my own rifle and about 6 months with my daughter’s rifle. This experience has taught me to firmly believe that bullets in the 130gr class work best on deer to average deer ranges at Creed/.260 velocities. So, out to 400 but much more likely 40 - 250 yards.

The 129 ABLR and 129 BXR are two hunting bullets in this weight class that have a G1 BC well in excess of 0.5 so they intrigue me as being possible maximum distance (for me, around 500 yards) deer/Pronghorn/caribou bullets which should give dramatic results at any distance I’m likely to shoot at when started a bit over 2,800 FPS.

The 129 SST is in the ballpark, too, albeit a touch under 0.5 BC. Both the 130 Swift Scirroco II and 130gr Sierra Gamechanger exceed 0.5. Just wondering if anyone has experience with these? What about the 135 Berger Hybrid or 129 Lapua Scenar?

I already know I’ll shoot either the 142 ABLR, 143 ELD-X or 127 LRX on elk.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?