I got a chocolate version of the lab ? mix. Mom was a black lab dad might of been American bulldog or pit. I refer to him as my inner city lab. Knows his momma was black no clue who daddy was.

He is about a 120 pound couch potato. That will probable try and kill you if come in uninvited or get near my truck with him in it. Never seen such a laid back dog that can go zero to scary in about a second and a half.

Never any sign of his protective and slightly psycho streak til he about a year old. Went out of town for the weekend with him. Came home walked in the front door as the lowlife scum went out the back door. TV a couple cheap guns went with them. Dog went crazy. I did too. Unfortunately as much as I wanted to,unloading a 10 mm into their backsides as they run away is frowned upon by local law enforcement. At least officially at a personal level most will tell you they would rather just come and pick up the bodies.

Anyways since that day my dog trusts no one new. No one. However without any encouragement he really don't trust anyone that's black. White your going to get his attention and the stare down if you walk past the house eventually your getting barked at. Black and you walk past he will be growling barking and snapping his jaws at the end of his chain as soon as he sees you. He has put a few on top of cars already.