Ok, back to the bedding work on these rifles. I had the chance to get out to the range today, but it was getting late and I was losing daylight. I only managed to get in 7 3 shot groups from my 300 magnum rifles. I shot my newly chambered BSA model E, it is now a 308 Norma magnum. Something I've wanted for a damn long time and finally got one. Built on a m1917 and I'm happy as hell. Here's the best group from that rifle tonight. Actually outshot my new 300WBY:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Anyhow, I know this thread isn't about my BSA model E, but I figured I'd share with you guys. Now on to my newly acquired 300WBY that I just glass bedded last weekend. The rifle shoots damn well. I wanted to shoot the rifle today, so I just threw something together as far as a load is concerned. I have 500 180gr. Hornady BTSP interlocks that I have not done anything with so these were the best candidate for some preliminary accuracy testing of these 2 300 magnum rifles. I know the interlock is a cheap hunting bullet, but nonetheless you can see the accuracy potential. Its a good sign. This weatherby will be slinging partitions into sub moa groups guaranteed. I don't think it's going to be finicky at all:
I'm not cherry picking any groups, this is exactly what she did with different charge weights and slight load development. You can see the groups start to tighten up as the charge weight goes up:

With better light and a little more load development with the right bullet, this rifle is going to be a lights out shooter...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA