Time for a new hunting pack. This for day hunts that means leaving the truck before first light and coming back in the dark. Gotta pack food, water, be able to stow or lash down an extra layer like a puffy vest or similar clothing, maybe carry an e-caller for predator hunting. This for deer, hog, predator hunting, scouting trips and in general hiking and exploring new ground. I gutless debone and quarter deer, might take the backstraps off an eating size pig, a big hog skull with good cutters for a Euro mount, or pack a bobcat or coyote hide out. I have an Eberlestock F1 Mainframe that stays in the truck as a dedicated meat pack. I also have an Eberlestock X2 that I use occasionally because it has the capability of taking a first load out while deer hunting. For more general use I have been using a lumbar style pack from Cabela's for years now. It is getting pretty ratty. It is also a bit small for packing an e-caller and all my necessary gear on all day long treks through the timber while predator hunting. I do like the lumbar style pack for day hunting.

At first I thought of a Tenzing 1250. Then the Blacks Creek Cure caught my eye. Now the Mystery Ranch Pop Up 18 is on the radar. Any of y'all have any experience with any of those three or have an alternative for me to look at? Appreciate your thoughts and experience.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.