Would you recommend the outfitter?
Yes I would, BUT I'd also highly suggest going with someone, with experience, on a river float, before going on this hunt, especially if you've never floated a river OR been the ore man. My lack of experience about got us in trouble a couple of times. In the first 5 minutes of our hunt I was unable to keep our raft away from a dead sweeper. Luckily it wasn't anchored down good and we went into it sideways, and I kept my ore above it which gave me leverage on it and it simply moved out of our way with the weight and momentum of the raft. On the first day of floating, I also went down the wrong river channel because I was unable to put the raft where I wanted it although this turned out to be no big deal as there were no obstacles in our way. By the time we were to our pick up point, I was getting pretty confident in maneuvering the raft where I wanted it to go.
Of course if you were one on one with an experienced guide you wouldn't need to worry about any of that, as he'd be the ore man. There were 3 of us with 1 guide, so I got elected to be ore man in one of the rafts.
Also, the outfitter offers more than just float hunts as well.

Last edited by TRnCO; 09/23/19.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.