Originally Posted by Bobber257
I’ve been loading for about 50 years also. Haven’t (yet) seated a primer upside down or missed putting powder in a case but.....
About a month ago, while working up a load for my 7x57, I loaded 24 rounds with RL 19, six each of 48, 49, 50 and 51 grains. Seated the 145 Speer Hot-Cors, then happily stuffed everything into an ammo box. The following morning, at range, I opened my ammo and then realized that I hadn’t segregated/marked the cartridges as to different charge weights. Didn’t have the faintest idea what was what.🤬🤬

Everyone has his own method to differentiate powder charge weights (or COAL, or whatever the variable factor might be). Mine is to color code the primers with four different colored permanent markers, plus the silver/brass color of the unmarked primer. So, five different load levels with five clear signs. And the fact that I do it after the priming step helps. Plus, once the fired brass is de-primed, no mark remains behind. Cheers!

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs