Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
The 870 express is the same gun as the wingmaster. The only difference is the finish is rougher on the express.

No, the trigger group is made of steel in the Wingmaster and the express has a bunch of plastic parts.
Wingmaster trigger group is not steel.

Gave up on the notion of disabusing idiots of their fantasies a long time ago...
All you've got to do is look in the mirror if you want to see a real idiot. Anybody who knows anything about guns and steel/metal alloys can see the Wingmaster trigger guard unit is not steel and never was. It is and always has been an aluminum guard. If it were steel then it would be blued to match the receiver and it is not and never has been. Part of Remingtons effort to produce a cheap, easy to manufacture firearm. Try sticking a magnet to it genius. I knew you didn't know shyt about guns but this is rediculous. Look up the trigger guard units for 870 Express and Wingmaster and you'll find there are two choices offered , synthetic and aluminum. There also aren't alot of "other plastic parts' in an Express that I've noticed. The most critical difference to reliability between the two is probably the extractors which is {or at least it was for many years} a machined part in the Wingmaster and MIM'd in the Express but then I doubt you've the ability to tell the difference. Personally I don't like any of them so it makes no difference to me other than to point out what a know nothing poser you are.